Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Message Forty One

Happy Diwali from Leicester!

46 days have passed since the haemorrhage.  Today, with four OT's around her supporting her weight, Liz stood on her feet for a few seconds.  She also rolled over onto her front on the bed by herself. 

Elizabeth, who famously said 'dog' before 'dad' as a child, was visited by a black labrador, who, much to Liz's delight, jumped on her bed and licked her face.  We are not worrying about infection control so much these days as Liz points out  "I'm not ill.  I'm just having to deal with a physical disability."

Today there was excitement on the ward as Elizabeth received a large present from Charlotte, her friend from English at Sheffield.  The staff agreed Liz could keep the plant in her room, which is normally forbidden.  (After the dog, there can be no argument.)

Also a large envelope filled with letters from Mizoram, India, arrived.  The beautiful picture from Hlutei will be displayed on the wall (after I have ironed it flat). 
Owl is a gift from Charlotte

6 comments:

  1. Amazing miracles each day! I love the fact That a big orange T has appeared on my screen on phone as a shortcut to Team Elizabeth...reminding me to keep praying and keeping the faith. Hope the crabs still have a few sparkles left in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just rejoicing in every encouragement and every step forward. And praying and trusting and hoping for more. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to read ! great the postman been busy from Mizoram as well! Happy Diwali XXXXXX LALA MAX XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! an amazing next step, lots of love Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so happy to hear of Elizabeth's wonderful progress! It seems miraculous that she has come so far in such a short time. Looking forward to more positive news. In the early days this blog was very hard to read but not now. Thank you so much all of you for keeping it going for us all. Love Jo & James xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The christian union have been praying for Liz in our twice weekly prayer meetings. I know I've been personally finding real encouragements from these blog posts. Being reminded of Elizabeth's sense of humour and determination in all circumstances has been such a joy! We love and miss her dearly. She will be kept in our prayers as we trust God's plan for her life!

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...