Friday, November 9, 2018

Message Forty Two

At the entrance to the ward is a large display of items in the Christmas Raffle.  When we arrived Liz was needing to use the bedpan.  We gave her space, and only ventured into her room when H, her nurse, came out carrying a brimming bowl.  We heard Liz call out after her, "Put it in the raffle."

We have already done our duty by guessing the name of the toy dog.  The names we chose were any that reminded us of Liz's friends and family (Theo, Susie, Maya, Chloe, Star, Joey, Mini (Minal)... you get the idea.

Today Liz went to a Communications Workshop.  It was a far cry from an English seminar at Sheffield.  She continues to tell me that she is encouraged though, and not dismayed. She is counting her blessings and she is occupying her mind in the small hours of the night by naming all the fixtures on the ceiling.

I agreed with her that I could detect some strength in muscles in the top of her left arm, but we have yet to see if they are going to actually help by moving it.  The move to Rehab is now scheduled for some time next week.
Hlutei's picture of Liz.
(Liz liked the purple hair.)

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful it is to know that Liz is recovering. We continue to pray for her. I have framed the picture she made and it now hangs proudly in Susie's room. Has she been practising on the glockenspiel? We'll be watching out for an utube video featuring her new instrument. Love you Liz.

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...