Monday, November 5, 2018

Message Forty

So what's next?  Liz said today that her consultant suggested that she has her eyes tested.  She may be provided with correcting glasses to stop double vision at some stage.  Liz has been doing lots of bed top exercises.  She can arch her back and lift her bottom off the bed.  Today she manoeuvred her wheelchair around the room with her one good arm, by tugging on the bed frame.

C, the Speech Therapist, visited with a small gift.  It was a ball which Liz held under her chin to strengthen her neck muscles.  They discussed why Liz continues to have what she calls 'a funny voice'.  It's a combination of bruising to Liz' vocal cords from the ventilator (especially the one from the early days), weak muscles and the stroke.  Liz continues to be concerned that I 'm not pronouncing C's name correctly.  I think Liz is lining up a therapy session for me at some point.

Rashem and Neeta visited Liz. They are people who have known and loved Liz since she was a baby.  Rashem told Elizabeth that she has woken up in a few times the night feeling that she should pray for her.  Liz found this very touching.

Liz normally ends our visits at 8:00pm with a prayer, "Dear God, thank you for everything.  Amen."  Well that just about wraps it up.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Liz, just saying Hi. It’s good to hear about you and how you’re getting on. We miss you here at The Well. The worship guys miss you. I’m sure your voice will come back to ‘your’ voice. I’ll get the guys to pray for it this morning. Bless you with loads of peace and joy... Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry life has taken me away from here over the last few weeks with the fun word OFSTED...now it's all over...i can regain some equilibrium. It's so good to hear that you are improving daily Elizabeth... I have had a prism in my glasses to correct the double vision that I have had recently over the last few years... so it is possible to have it corrected...fear not :-) So good to hear you are a little mobile with the hep of a wheelchair and that your left leg is gaining strength every day. Prayers continue for you that you will also look forward to new things as you improve :-) With love and best wishes, PennyB (Andrew and Margaret's university friend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...