Saturday, February 2, 2019

Message Sixty Nine

The joys of communal living.  One of the people in Liz's ward became very unwell and was moved out to the Royal.  When she came back onto Liz's bay very late in the night, she rang her husband on speaker phone saying "I'm not sure where they have brought me.  I seem to be in a basement." It's not just students that wake everyone up when they come rolling in late from a party.

Yesterday I missed the action when D walked out.  He walked, unaided, with everyone cheering and clapping.  He said later to Margaret that he would have liked to have savoured the moment, and said farewell as he left, but he was concentrating so hard on not falling over that this all passed him by.  D was on 132 days, the same as Liz.  Margaret thought it would be nice to meet up again on day 365 for a celebration.

Today Elise and Adam visited from Liz's student house in Sheffield.  We had a pie (made by me), in the hospital restaurant.  The staff looked on amazed at our cheek, eating our own food, but didn't say a word.

Emma, Ruth and Granny are visiting this evening.  Liz continues to be up beat, though it has been tough realising that she cannot say she will be strong enough to share a house next year with her friends.  The options are still being discussed.  Liz is being remarkably patient noting that she will make friends wherever she is.

In the hospital restaurant

Adam, Elizabeth and Elise








1 comment:

  1. How good to have loving friends. To all starrs we love you very much .

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...