Monday, January 7, 2019

Message Sixty Two

Elizabeth is now fully in charge of her visiting diary.  Please do contact her if you would like to visit (facebook is one way to do it).  Liz is aware that during the day she has quite a number of activities with the OTs, Physios and Speech Therapist.

Tomorrow is 'Splish, Splash'.  Wednesday is 'removal of the PEG', a minor operation and we trust, her last.  Also her Care Plan meeting (her second).

Today R her Physio said "Oh no, please don't tell your Dad, he'll put it in the Blog."  Am I getting a bad reputation?  Liz is aware of patient/staff confidentially.  So that's the extent of the story.

One of Liz's friends contacted her and said she was looking forward to seeing Liz to tell her gross stories about working at Primark.  Liz said "I'm looking forward to seeing you to tell you gross stories about poo."  Her friend said "Same thing- my stories are about poo too."

Her Physios said today that they love coming in on a Monday to see the new trick Liz has learnt over the weekend.  Today it was lifting her left hand from the wrist, just a bit.

My Mum, and my Godparents, Ian and Ellie visited for the afternoon.  Also Sophie (Liz's second cousin.)

As Liz pointed out, on New Years Eve she was in hospital for 100 days.  So it's 107 today.  I have counted that she has had 112 different visitors over this time too.



2 comments:

  1. Haha that sounds just like Liz! So glad to hear that her left hand is getting better. Tejal ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, this is Emily from uni, I'm thinking of you and am continuing to pray for you and your family. You are all such a blessing and reading these blogs is so encouraging. God bless x

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...