Saturday, October 6, 2018

Message Fourteen

This evening we had to tear ourselves away from Elizabeth.  It was not easy.  She looked so unwell and unhappy.  Joanna, Margaret and I stopped in the chapel on the way out.  It is a beautiful place of calm in an otherwise functional hospital.  We saw the prayer written by a kind friend for us in a book lying on a table.  We sensed  that Elizabeth's situation continues to be very precarious.  We know only one thing, that Jesus will never leave her, whatever happens.  Liz knows that.

Elizabeth's medical report continues to be fine.  She does not have a temperature. 

Today, Joanna read our new book to us.  She had to speak loudly because there was a right to-do going on in the next bed (behind a curtain).  Some poor soul was trying to pull her tubes out and her alarms were going off all the time. 

Tash, Cameron and Rich, Liz's old flatmates, visited this afternoon.  I felt that Liz really appreciated their visit.  They remembered the good times they had had together.   It was lovely to hear how they felt that Elizabeth provided the glue that kept them together.

We had lunch with our friend Mary and her girls in a Vietnamese cafe oft frequented by Liz and her friends.   I would love to return with Liz one day.

It was also lovely that a member of Elizabeth's church called in to pray with her.  We believe in prayer, and I've had a lot of thoughts on what this is about.  But it's not for this blog. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Andrew, Margaret, Joanna and Elizabeth. I have been following your blog since Claire Prestwich gave me the link last Sunday. I just wanted you to know that like many others at TLC, I am praying for you daily. May you know God's peace in the midst of turmoil. He is alongside you. Alison Cottam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew - you continue to be very much in our thoughts and prayers. Feel like I have little else to offer, but I do have a bit of local knowledge so here are two places I would recommend with a great vibe if you need some time out:
    1. Gertie's cafe in Walkerly Sheffield S6 3TB,
    2. Ella's cafe 655 Ecclesall Road -great for breakfasts and superb Georgian food on some evenings.
    God Bless Neil Tansley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew, Margaret, Joanna and Elizabeth,
    Just wanted to let you guys know that Willmotts in Leicester, Loughborough and Sheffield are all praying for you all. Thanks so much for the blog - it really helps to have information to help us pray. Our hearts go out to you all. Lots and lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...