Monday, March 25, 2019

Message Eighty Four

Elizabeth said "put it on the blog, but warn my friends it's heavy on the God stuff."  I don't think we would be where we now without the 'God stuff'.  Two of our pastors (church leaders) made a video of Elizabeth talking about her story.  It's is on this link Elizabeth's Story.  The clip at the end was taken by Joanna and is Elizabeth's 'walking out' ceremony.  It is her leaving Ward 2.  The music that accompanies this is a song by Tom, our pastor's son, which Elizabeth particularly appreciates. 

Our pastor  used the video as an illustration in our service at the Leicester Arena yesterday.  The night before, the venue had been used for a big boxing match. (No connection, just a random fact.)

Elizabeth is settling into Barclay House.  All the staff are positive and friendly.  Liz is straight into Speech therapy and Physio,  Her new OT is also going to come and inspect our house for overnight stays.

Of course Liz still misses her old nurses and therapists.  She appreciates them so much, but we all feel blessed by the new venue, and it's the beginning of a new chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...