Saturday, February 16, 2019

Message Seventy Three

Conversation overheard on the ward.
a phone rings.

Elizabeth- "Helloo, I'm not at home."
Caller-  "Hello Liz, where are you at the moment?"
Elizabeth- "I'm in hospital."
Caller- "Oh, nothing serious I hope."
Elizabeth- "No, nothing serious."
Caller- "Well I hope you get better."
Elizabeth- "I will."
Caller- "Is anyone there with with you?"
Elizabeth- "Yes, Lots of friends are with me.  They can hear you. You are on speaker phone."
Caller- "Hi everyone, have a good evening .  Bye Liz, sleep well."
Elizabeth- "Bye."
Elizabeth's friend-  "Who was that?"
Elizabeth- "Oh, that was my dad."

Today we cruised round Leicester equipped only with a banana board.  Liz had an appointment at the Royal with Ear, Nose and Throat.  We wheeled into a packed Saturday Outpatient's clinic.  Perfectly on time,  Mr Haribaskaran saw Elizabeth and explained how he would put an optic fiber camera down her nose to examine her vocal cords.  With great skill he did this and reassured Liz that her vocal cords are fully intact and undamaged.   This means that with continued speech therapy, Liz should be able to get her singing voice back. 

Liz in the front seat 





7 comments:

  1. That's very good news re the singing. I keep on praying. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the fun of the nasal camera in December and saw my vocal cords... no problem in fact very fascinating... also saw the MRI of my ears....in January... all I can say is the ENT consultants are extremely skilled at their jobs and know what to look for.
    Praying your voice will come back to normal and you will be able to sing to your heart's content soon Liz :-)... and speaking wont be a problem :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to hear that there's no damage to your vocal chords. Still praying 😁 Look forward to hearing you sing again. Lindsey (the well)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeees! Looking forward to more of Elizabeth's wonderful music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant news! I'm so glad Liz will regain her singing voice and nothing is damaged. Tejal ❤

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...