Sunday, February 17, 2019

Message Seventy Four

So, Liz got her Intensive Care diary back, and was touched to read about the love shown by so many friends, family and medical staff supporting her every moment of the way.  It seems a long time ago now, but it's been five months.  Liz therefore has seven months ahead of her before her third year begins at Sheffield.  We hope this will happen.  At the third care plan meeting which Liz, Joanna and Margaret attended, the plan discussed is for Elizabeth to finish her life on ward 2 in April.  By then we are trusting that she will be able to walk out of the ward.  Liz would like to move on to a private rehab unit in Leicester called Barclay House, where she can continue to have physio and other therapies.  If the funding is not secured for this, it will mean a move back to our house.  On Wednesday the plan is for Elizabeth's OTs and Physios to inspect our house to help with future planning.

Today Adam, Tash, Fran and Cameron all visited Liz.  We had one of our picnics in the staff canteen (with special permission.)  I was proud to have kept the pizzas hot with a brick that I had stashed in the bottom of the oven.  Now Domino's hasn't thought of that.

Pizza Meal with Liz's Sheffield crew.

3 comments:

  1. I suspect that the staff want to keep Elizabeth on the ward for April 1st for some free entertainment as her sense of humour must be famous by now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the brick is an inspired idea! I'll pray that Liz will get the funding for Barclay House and that she'll be able to walk by April. Tejal ❤

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...