Friday, January 25, 2019

Message Sixty Seven

Liz felt that I left things hanging a bit with the talk of botox.  She has had the treatment, but it takes effect over seven days or so.  Today Liz tried out the treadmill in the gym.  She was first strapped into a harness to ensure that she could not fall.  It reminded her of being in a baby bouncer.  Then she was able to walk with the machine holding her weight.  Her physio had to cover over the heart monitor after Liz cottoned on that she might be in a video game with a limited number of lives.  "look I am on my last life- dangerous."  Joanna pointed out that we are all on our last life.

We are affected by the lives of the other people around Elizabeth.  One fellow patient will soon be going home and we pray that he will be able to walk out when he leaves.  He still has a lot of neurological pain, and Liz is aware it feels as if he still has a long way to go.  We have been discussing what the point of all this brain haemorrhage stuff is.  Liz said that whatever it is for, she is okay with it. She is willing to discover.

Today Elizabeth was visited by a therapy dog.  She said that it was a good dog.  It doesn't mind having a stroke.

Jo had a day away with her friend at Loughborough University this week which she really enjoyed.  She is working tomorrow in our local Deli.

1 comment:

  1. What joy! Walking on the treadmill, and doggy cuddles! I pray on that healing continues.

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...