Sunday, December 23, 2018

Message Fifty Seven

If/when Liz writes her book, all the errors of my blog will be exposed.  Until then, just keep an open mind as you read.  Liz explained to me about the unconventional methods of her Physios and OTs when it comes to singing.  The singing also fits well with the speech therapy regime, and it is developing her vocal range.  (She is the best person to explain.)

Over the weekend Liz said she saw her left knee joint bend.  She said "hey up, what 'you doing?"  It's not a strong or certain movement yet, but it's the promise of things to come.  She also needs her left foot to 'dorsiflex' for her to be able to take concrete steps forward.  She is not yet able to use a banana-board to transfer from bed to chair, but that will come.

I had a go at the microstimulator on my hand.  It gives the sensation of 'holding on to an electric fence' in a field of cows, (a memory from my distant past.)  My hand also rose up in regal style.

Liz is feeling more comfortable in herself.  We have gone back to requesting that visitors book in with Joanna, especially over the holiday period.  She has physio again tomorrow at 1pm.
Demonstration of the use of a banana-board
(not by Liz...or me!)







1 comment:

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...