Saturday, December 29, 2018

Message Fifty Nine

As we left Liz today, she reminded me again to know how blessed we are.  "Be grateful.  Be comfortably tired, not stressed tired." Yes my dear, I can't argue with you.

We have had five of our favourite young people to stay.  Chloe and Maya, then Rebecca, Jonathan and Matthew.  Also with them, their parents, my Aunt Lis, and Theo and Patricia.  We played many games and drew pictures.  We played 'One Armed Charades'.  (Here it is important not to confuse Hitler with Superman.)  Aunt Lis did a convincing one armed impersonation of 'birth', and Theo did a curious impression of a one winged bat (for Batman).

On Friday Liz and Margaret were delighted to be present at the Ward raffle draw when their ticket won them first prize. (The giant teddy bear was fourth prize- phew!) The ward says thank you to those others of you who bought tickets - the raffle raised £300. We now have lots more fatty treats to pad out our New Year celebrations.
First Prize in Ward 2 Christmas Raffle!

Liz with her 'second cousins', Maya and Chloe, and her her 'first cousin once removed's'
wife Susanna.
Trip round the hospital 

Theo playing 'one armed charades'.

In the 'Day Room'.


Helpful 'Tea-towel'.







3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Now in the care of Maya. She became attached during her stay with us and Liz asked her to take on the role.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to read how your Christmas and New year went.. loving the elf outfit. HerHer to a happy 2019 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...