Sunday, November 25, 2018

Message Forty Seven

Today is Sunday.  In his sermon, our pastor used Elizabeth as an example of someone who has a mature and secure relationship with her creator.  I do agree, and so does she.  Liz consistently tell us that she is 'fine' (her words).

On Friday Elizabeth had her Videofloroscopic swallow test.  (click for more information.)

C kindly rearranged other patients to be able to join K to undertake the test.  Liz was under strict instructions not to laugh. This was a challenge because Elizabeth usually has a good laugh with her speech therapists.  All went well.  Everything was set up.  C went behind a screen, and K got ready to spoon feed Liz water, followed by custard, then cake soaked in florescent dye.  K disappeared and reappeared wearing a lead lined khaki apron with 'Dr Ahmed' written in big letters across the front.  Bad move.  Liz couldn't stop laughing.  It looked like something out of a war she said.  I think all of us who work in institutions often forget that there are different worlds out there, and our world is actually quite absurd.

So the good news is that she did well in the test and is now able to eat cold chocolate custard, and fruit yogurts.  Today for lunch she ate two yogurts.  She was able to feed herself (well wrapped up in a plastic apron).

Liz suggested that anyone who uses spotify might like to listen to her gospel playlists 'Gospel Funk' and 'Jesus Jamz'.  She said she has been passing long hours listening on Asli's tablet (thank you Asli).  She also loved seeing Tejal on Saturday.

I can't resist my own playlist (sorry Liz) https://soundcloud.com/elizabeth-starr/mizoram

4 comments:

  1. That is good to hear. I've been praying for Liz's swallowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read your regular news! Xx to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about listening to the playlists. Although I did listen to Elizabeth's Mizoram song, and was impressed the group's skills.

    Greetings from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was brilliant to see Liz! And of course she laughed, I can just picture it. I am so thankful for all that God has done so far and I am still praying for all that is yet to come. Tejal ❤

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...