Monday, September 24, 2018

Message One

We are wanting you to know how our Elizabeth is doing. Sorry not to send a personal message.

You may have heard what a weekend we have had- and we have already had so many wonderful messages of love and support.

Our dear Elizabeth tried to get up in the night on Saturday morning in her student flat in Sheffield, and found that her arms and legs weren't working.  She fell on the floor.  At 12.00 her flatmate Adam found her and immediately called the emergency services.  She was put under sedation.  

Then how to contact us?  Amazingly Adam was able to get hold of Margaret.  She and Joanna were on their way to university in London.  Joanna never got there, and headed back up the M1.  I was on a walking party in the Quantocks, far out of mobile and internet coverage.  Again it was a mercy that  a message got through via a number of people to my Godfather who I was walking with who accidentally strayed into coverage.  

Ruth, Sarah and Emma (Margaret's sister and nieces) were the first to get to her.  Then Joanna and Margaret.  A kind friend joined me on my journey to Sheffield.  I dropped him at the train station and he ask someone in a car to lead me to the Northern General Hospital, and they agreed.  (No satnav in my car.)

Today Elizabeth is awake.  She has left sided paralysis at the moment, and can't speak because she has a ventilator, and it's early days.  She is now in the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, with wonderful care. Granny was able to visit today by train.

She is determined to communicate with us.  We eventually got some paper and a board, and she  showed how upset she is that her arm and leg are not moving.  She wrote one word we could make out. It was Jesus.  

She is amazing, and she knows what is going on.  We have been lent a house in Sheffield.  Joanna is with us.  Elizabeth is alive.  We've cried a lot together.  Our pastors from church will visit, also my Mum and sister.  

For our praying friends and family we are requesting:-
Elizabeth gets her swallow reflex back.  That's key for breathing safely.  Also she would love to see some movement in her left side.  She is concerned for her flat mates, and so are we.  It's been traumatic.  Pray that they cope with the trauma.  We want her fully restored of course, and that something good will come out of this.  

We are taking it slowly now.  Thanks you for your love and prayers. We will keep you updated.

Andrew Margaret Elizabeth (in Hospital) and Joanna.

2 comments:

  1. Hello .I am sorry to hear Elizabeth is not well.i trust God she will get well soon.we pray for her every day .Neda Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, So how long will this thing's take to get completely cured.?
    This is really sad and I felt sorry for Elizabeth, but Almighty God know everything, He always plan things for our betterment, even though it's not easy to accept it, when things like this happened to us. I prayed for her every single days, since the day I know that she wasn't ok.. I believe in Miracle, cauae I'm healed to walk again, after not walking for 3 years by God through our Pro Pastor. Everything is possible with God.

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...