Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Message Seventy Eight

We all continued to be touched by the never ending love and support our family receives every day.  It has not wavered, even as the time goes by, and this life style becomes more normal.

Elizabeth works hard every day on her physio and OT.  In physio she is learning to balance her weight on one leg, and then transfer it to the other.  She is walking up and down the corridor.  Her left foot continues to need a 90 degree splint to enable Liz to kick it forward as she moves.  She has two people, one on either side to help her balance. 

She is cycling in the evening for about 15 minutes hard, and then 15 minutes soft peddling.

People from both of the prospective rehab centres Liz has applied to have visited to talk about the next stage when 6 months in hospital comes to an end.  One is near to one of my work bases in Leicester.  The other is in Loughborough opposite the Hospital.  Liz felt both would be suitable, and she is open which ever is approved by financing.  (We shall see.)

Looks like a chopper? (bike from the 70's)







8 comments:

  1. I would like to send a card. What is the address?? Thanks Mary ( in Sheffield!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz is still residing on Ward 2, Leicester General Hospital, Gwendolen Way, Leicester LE5 4PW

      Delete
  2. You impress as ever. What a journey, what amazing progress and what persistence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz and I also thought she might be riding a rickshaw. What do you think?

      Delete
  3. Brilliant news! I'm so glad that Elizabeth's progressing with walking and that she's cycling too. All my love Tejal ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you cycling Liz... carry on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a September great sportive I could recommend, called the Tour de Leicestershire. I know the people who run it! I wonder if they can set up a static bike for any who'd prefer to do it back at base?

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...