Saturday, March 16, 2019

Message Eighty One

Liz and I have been discussing what it is like to live with 'complete immersion' TV.
For many patients, there is not a lot to do, and the TV is company.  Culturally it's assumed that the TV's is on in all bays all of the time.

This is how our discussion went.

Grade the programmes that are on every day from 1 to 10.

10 = Worth watching.
5= Don't mind it being on and might watch snippets.
4= Don't mind it being on, but would prefer not to be exposed to it.
3= Deeply boring.
2 = Down right trash.  Should be deleted from TV repertoire
1= Actually quite distressing and painful to endure.

Here is the outcome.

5 - The News, Nature programmes, The Simpsons, Gogglebox
4 - Bargain Hunter, Grand Designs, Under the Hammer, Antiques Road Show,
3- The Chase, Pointless, Britain's Brightest Family, Egg Heads, Tipping Point, Escape Down Under
3- Take me out, James Martin (cooking show), Nickelodeon (Ultimate Spiderman)
2- Jeremy Kyle, Traffic shows, 999, Crime Thrillers,
1- Hospital dramas (Casualty), Ghost dramas. (There could be a law suit pending.)

Elizabeth says "the egghead's grand design for wall to wall gogglebox is pointless, putting her under the hammer.  She is reaching the tipping point. Take me out, I need to escape down under."



1 comment:

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...