Sunday, November 18, 2018

Message Forty Five

I estimated that Elizabeth's friends travelled over a total of 540 miles (one way) to come to Leicester to visit her this weekend.  The hospital is normally so quiet at the weekends, but the NRU was buzzing.  Liz was delighted to see you all.

Today, with the warmth and blue skies, we were able to walk round the whole hospital with an old (young) school friend Susanna, who had come from her uni in Falmouth.  Liz has been able to demonstrate her latest gymnastic feat.  With her feet pinned down, she can do a sit-up.  Anny drove from Sheffield telling us that it was the first time she had used a motorway.

We are getting used to the new regime in NRU (Ward 2).  The key is to be persistent and patient at the same time.  The nurses have more patients to see to, and often the buzzer (both at the main door and bedside), can take a while to be answered.

In the evening we sang hymns and songs together.  Elizabeth said she had already sung one of the songs Joanna had chosen.  She described the church service she held by herself this morning, complete with songs, prayers and sermon. (Actually I'm not sure if it extended to a sermon!)

Elizabeth's new view is worthy of a Turner Prize in Art.

Welsh postcards

2 comments:

  1. Wow! She’s doing better than me with the sit ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, you sound a very remarkable person! I know we've never met, oh probably did at your grandad Michael's funeral, but I've heard a lot of you from gran Margaret, who with Michael &the Holy Spirit led me to Christ in 1966.
    I'm praying for you daily, as is my church group.
    You've done incredibly well & may the Lord sustain you in His Grace, Strength & Perseverence as you continue on this recovery journey. Love Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...