Saturday, October 27, 2018

Message Thirty Five

Adam (flatmate) arrived from Sheffield.  Elizabeth said "thanks for coming to see me and thank you for saving my life."  Adam said it was nothing.  "Don't mention it."  They were able to talk about their experiences of that fateful day.

We went for a walk around the hospital (Liz in the wheelchair, but this time she was pretty much sitting upright.  Her head is still supported.)  Liz noted that she smashed all previous records by staying in her chair for 4 hours.

In the evening Adam returned to Sheffield, and Emma (cousin) arrived. We had a long chat about whether Elizabeth could make it in a new career as a 'stand up' (sic) comedian.  I told her about Lee Ridley, also known as 'Lost Voice Guy'.  He won acclaim at the Edinburgh fringe this year for his joke, “When I realised I’d never be able to talk again I was speechless.” 



1 comment:

  1. We are continuing to pray for Liz’s recovery and your ongoing strength as a family. What a privilege to walk through this with God leading you. Much to be encouraged by.

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...