Friday, September 28, 2018

Message Six

This time last week Elizabeth was fine.  She returned from International Cafe with her housemate Elise.  They bumped into Cameron on the street.  He said she was upbeat and doing well.  Today Elizabeth had a general anesthetic and had a tracheotomy fitted.  As we sat will her, unconscious, this afternoon, I was very grateful to know that she is well as a person.  We understand that a lot of people do not survive.  Some people can stay in a coma for months.  Some people loose their memories, and some loose their intellectual abilities.  Elizabeth is affected physically, and we do not know what is in store for us.  Normally people recover most of their functions.  Young people have a much better chance of doing well.  However, we are open to whatever is in store for us.  We noted that the three of us were all independently prepared to loose Elizabeth, but she has been preserved.  We want Elizabeth to be fully restored, and a lot more.   We want all of you to be blessed too. 

Both Margaret and my employers have been very generous to us, and there is no pressure on us to leave Elizabeth.   Joanna has up to the 12th of October to decide whether she is going to start university this year. 

My mother and sister visited us today.  Elizabeth continues to be grinning and bearing it.  A doctor noted the new concern of depression that is of course very common in these situation. He felt that the tracheotomy would give her freedom to talk with us, which might make her feel better. 

Elizabeth saw her very good friend Anna, and her cousin Sarah, who has been with her already, but not when she has been conscious.

Tomorrow is a new day, and we look forward to seeing how Elizabeth gets on with speech.


4 comments:

  1. Miracles are happening. We stand with you on this journey. With our big hugs, the Wilson’s xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth has all of my love and prayers in the journey ahead. She's already doing so well and I pray she will continue to heal. Tejal ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for Elizabeth's well being and I hope that she continues to recover and be up on her feet soon. My heart is with you all on this difficult journey. Love from Farbod xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Message Eighty Eight (the END... and a beginning)

I've decided to take up the mantle and write the blog myself. I've started a new one because I didn't want to write for my own t...